Itinerary (January 14-26, 2013)
1 Depart the U.S. or Canada
2 Arrive Cape Town, South Africa/Embark M.V. SILVER WIND
3 At Sea
4 Port Elizabeth
5 At Sea
6 Maputo, Mozambique
7 Richards Bay, South Africa
8 Richards Bay
10 East London
11 At Sea
12 Cape Town/Disembark M.V. SILVER WIND/Depart for the U.S. or Canada
13 Arrive in the U.S. or Canada
*Free Air and Low Air Add-Ons have limited availability and are not guaranteed.
- Free Air from 43 gateway cities and Low Air Add-Ons available from many others cities.*
- Join us for a ten-night cruise along the coast of South Africa, “a world in one country,” and Mozambique.
- Cruise aboard the Six-Star, all-suite M.V. SILVER WIND, an intimate, 296-passenger ship in the premier Silversea fleet, voted “World’s Best Small Ship Cruise Line 2010” by Conde Nast Traveller and the Robb Report Reader’s Choice for “Favorite Cruise Line 2009.”
- Enjoy Six-Star service, amenities and facilities, with a whole host of complimentary features included: all onboard gratuities and port taxes, beverages throughout the cruise—replenished in your suite and served with every lunch and dinner, personal butler service, and even complimentary fitness classes.
- Apply your $1000 (per couple) Passport to Luxury shipboard credit toward select shore excursions, specialty restaurants, boutique purchases, spa treatments, Internet packages, ship‑to‑shore calling, laundry service or a personal trainer.
- Enjoy this journey of a lifetime visiting sophisticated cities, cruising the beautiful coasts and exploring the natural splendor of southern Africa.
- Experience the rich multicultural heritage, warmth and welcoming spirit of the people from “The Rainbow Nation.”
- Enjoy onboard lectures by Study Leaders.
- Enhance your southern Africa experience with the Victoria Falls Pre-Cruise and Cape Town Post-Cruise Options.
M.V. SILVER WIND
SMALL SHIP, REFINED LUXURY
The intimate, Six-Star, 296-passenger M.V. SILVER WIND features a surprisingly spacious interior for its size and is exceedingly agile, docking easily in less visited, more enticing ports. The extraordinarily high crew-to-guest ratio and training by the Leading Hotel Schools of the World ensure an incomparable level of personalized service. This is a rare opportunity to travel aboard a luxury ship at this great value. All gratuities are included.
ALL OCEAN-VIEW LUXURY SUITES
Among the most expansive suites of their class at sea, Midship Veranda and Veranda Suites, at 295 square feet, offer sliding glass doors that open to a teak veranda while Vista Suites, at 240 square feet, feature a large picture window providing panoramic ocean views. All feature two twin beds or one queen bed, a sitting area, marble bathroom with full-sized bath, walk-in wardrobe with personal safe, vanity table, writing desk, flat-screen television with DVD and satellite reception, a DVD/CD player, direct-dial telephone and flowers. Champagne and fresh fruit are available, plus the in-suite refrigerator and bar setup are complimentary and replenished upon request with your selection of wine, champagne, spirits and beverages.
DINING VENUES OF GREAT TASTE
Savor epicurean delights created by international chefs in partnership with the prestigious Grands Chefs Relais & Chateaux® in four dining venues throughout the ship: The Restaurant for contemporary international cuisine, La Terrazza featuring authentic Italian cuisine, Le Champagne—the only Relais & Chateaux® Wine Restaurant at sea—and the casual Pool Grill located poolside. Of course you can always dine in-suite 24 hours a day, with selections served course by course. A complimentary wine pairing is included with lunch and dinner, and all beverages are served complimentary throughout the ship.
WORLD-CLASS RECREATIONAL FACILITIES AND SPA
The ship features a spa and beauty salon, swimming pool, two whirlpools, fitness center with state-of-the art equipment, men’s and women’s saunas and steam rooms.
EXCLUSIVE BUTLER SERVICE
A dedicated personal butler is at your service to unpack your luggage and to ensure your in-suite beverage selection, dietary preferences and personal fitness sessions are accommodated.
- Free Air* from 43 gateway cities!
- Passport to Luxury $1000 Shipboard Credit per couple.
ON BOARD THE SIX-STAR, ALL-SUITE M.V. SILVER WIND
- Ten-night cruise round trip from Cape Town, South Africa, with port calls at Port Elizabeth, Richards Bay, Durban and East London, South Africa; and Maputo, Mozambique.
- Spacious, deluxe, outside Suite.
- Complimentary beverages served throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary wine is served at lunch and dinner.
- Complimentary in-suite beverages.
- Private Gohagan & Company reception.
- Captain’s welcome and farewell receptions.
- All gourmet meals, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Onboard guest speakers to provide educational discussions on local history, nature and culture.
- Six-Star service, amenities and facilities aboard one of the most luxurious small cruise ships sailing the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, including butler service.
- 24-hour room service and in-suite dining.
- Daily entertainment.
- Complimentary fitness classes.
- All gratuities to shipboard staff and port taxes are included.
ENHANCED TRAVEL SERVICES
*Limited availability. Free Air and Low Air Add-Ons
- Transfers airport/pier on the day of embarkation/disembarkation included only with the Free Air/Low Air Add-Ons Program.*
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Director to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- A program of optional shore excursions available at additional cost.
(Silversea’s Silver Sky Air Program) are economy class and based on contractual agreements between Silversea and respective airlines; Gohagan & Company and the sponsoring association/organization have no control over availability.
VICTORIA FALLS PRE-CRUISE OPTION
Victoria Falls, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is a spectacular one-mile-wide waterfall protected by national parks in Zambia and Zimbabwe and is known by the Kololo tribe as “Mosi-oa-Tunya”—“the Smoke that Thunders.” Tour Victoria Falls and the surrounding rainforest; enjoy a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River. Accommodations for one night are in the conveniently located SOUTHERN SUN O.R. TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT hotel in Johannesburg and for two nights in the historic, deluxe VICTORIA FALLS HOTEL within walking distance of the falls.
This Pre-Cruise Option is available at additional cost, and details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
CAPE TOWN AND WINE COUNTRY POST-CRUISE OPTION
Unlock the friendly rhythms of Cape Town, where song and dance flood the streets and weave through daily social and religious life. Following your cruise, explore the city’s vibrant multiculturalism and travel into the heartland of South African wine country. Tour Cape Point—the nature reserve, botanical gardens and UNESCO World Heritage site at the extreme southwestern tip of the African continent. Accommodations for two nights are in the deluxe MOUNT NELSON HOTEL in the shadow of Table Mountain. This Post-Cruise Option is available at additional cost, and details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
For additional information on the Travel with Wesleyan program, please contact Meg Zocco, director of alumni and parent engagement, at (860) 685-2799.