ITINERARY (June 25 to July 3, 2013)
1 Depart the U.S. or Canada
2 Arrive Istanbul, Turkey/Embark M.V. SILVER SPIRIT
3 At Sea
4 Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine
7 Constanta, Romania
8 Nessebur, Bulgaria
9 Istanbul, Turkey/Disembark M.V. SILVER SPIRIT/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Free Air and Low Air Add-Ons have limited availability and are not guaranteed.
- Free air from 43 gateway cities and low Air Add-Ons available from many other cities.*
- Seven nights round trip from Istanbul, Turkey, to Ukraine, Romania and Bulgaria during the best season of the year.
- Cruise aboard the Six-Star, all-suite M.V. SILVER SPIRIT, an intimate, 540-passenger ship in the premier Silversea fleet, voted “World’s Best Small Ship Cruise Line 2010” by Cond Nast Traveller.
- Enjoy Six-Star service, amenities and facilities, with a whole host of complimentary features included: all onboard gratuities and port taxes, beverages throughout the cruise-replenished in your suite and served with every lunch and dinner, personal butler service, and even complimentary fitness classes.
- Apply your $500 (per couple) Passport to Luxury shipboard credit toward select shore excursions, specialty restaurants, boutique purchases, spa treatments, Internet packages, ship‑to‑shore calling, laundry service or a personal trainer.
- Enjoy onboard lectures by Study Leaders.
- An attractively priced program of shore excursions features opportunities to:
- Visit the sixth-century B.C. Greek-founded town of Nessebur, a UNESCO World Heritage site with a long and colorful history.
- Visit the historic site of the 1945 Yalta Conference, where Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin determined the fate of Post–World War II Europe.
M.V. SILVER SPIRIT
SMALL SHIP. REFINED LUXURY.
One of the premier Silversea fleet, voted by Frommer’s as the “Best Cruise Ships of 2011” and Travel Leisure magazine’s “World’s Best Small Ship Cruise Line” for seven straight years, the 540-passenger M.V. SILVER SPIRIT features the most expansive Suites of their class at sea, the finest personalized service and the ultimate in complimentary amenities. Its small size enables it to cruise into channels and ports inaccessible to larger ships and provides the quintessential southern Africa cruise experience.
SHIPBOARD CREDIT/PASSPORT TO LUXURY
Apply your $500-per-couple Passport to Luxury Shipboard Credit toward select shore excursions, specialty restaurants, boutique purchases, spa treatments, laundry service or a personal trainer.
YOUR DELUXE SUITE
Silversea’s spacious Suites offer you complimentary champagne and fruit upon embarkation. Veranda Suites (376 square feet including veranda) feature full‑length glass doors and a private teak balcony, and Vista Suites (312 square feet) provide a large picture window. All Suite accommodations feature two twin beds convertible to one queen bed, deluxe hotel bedding, marble bathroom with full-size bath, a sitting area, writing desk, vanity table and in-Suite complimentary beverages replenished upon request.
A selection of complimentary wines, spirits and nonalcoholic beverages are served throughout the ship during the entire cruise; all onboard gratuities and port taxes are included; in-Suite dining and 24-hour Room Service; and Six-Star Butler service.
RELAIS & CHATEAUX SIGNATURE DINING
Savor delights created by international chefs in partnership with the prestigious Grand Chefs Relais & Chateaux in six dining venues throughout the ship: The Restaurant for contemporary international cuisine, La Terrazza featuring authentic Italian cuisine, Le Champagne—the only Relais & Chateaux
wine restaurant at sea—Stars Supper Club for delectable small plate selections and nightly cabaret entertainment, Seishin for Asian fusion cuisine and the casual Pool Grill & Black Rock Dining Under the Stars located poolside.
AT YOUR SERVICE
A professional Butler, trained by the Leading Hotel Schools of the World, will be at your service in every Suite. There is
a nearly one-to-one guest-to-crew ratio.
REFINED LUXURY AT SEA
The M.V. SILVER SPIRIT features an expansive 8,300-square-foot spa complete with sauna and steam rooms and a spa whirlpool; a fitness center with elliptical trainers, free weights and weight machines, recumbent and upright bikes and treadmills; and a resort-style pool and three whirlpools. Personal trainers assist and help design your onboard fitness routine.
REFRESH THE BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT
The Fitness Center offers complimentary group classes led by professional trainers, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, saunas and steam rooms, pool and whirlpool, full-service spa and beauty salon (services at additional cost). “CruiseLite Dining” options are offered daily.
*The Passport to Luxury shipboard credit has no cash value, unused portions will be forfeited, and restrictions apply.
- Free Air* from 43 major cities and Low-Air Add-Ons.
- $500 Shipboard Credit per couple.
- All Gratuities to shipboard staff are included.
- Port Taxes are included.
ON BOARD THE SIX-STAR, ALL-SUITE M.V. SILVER SPIRIT
- Seven-night cruise round trip from Istanbul, Turkey, with port calls at Yalta, Sevastopol and Odessa, Ukraine; Constanta, Romania; and Nessebur, Bulgaria.
- Spacious, Six-Star Suite accommodations.
- Complimentary beverages served throughout the cruise.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions.
- Gohagan & Company private reception.
- All gourmet meals, featuring Relais & Chateax specialty menus, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Complimentary wines, spirits and nonalcoholic beverages served during lunch and dinner, in your Suite and throughout the cruise.
- On-board guest speakers to provide educational discussions on local history, nature and culture.
- Complimentary Six-Star Butler service.
- Six-Star amenities and facilities aboard this luxurious Small Ship.
- Complimentary 24-hour Room Service and in-Suite dining.
- Daily and nightly entertainment.
- Complimentary fitness classes.
ENHANCED TRAVEL SERVICES
*Limited availability. Free Air and Low Air Add-Ons
- Transfers airport/pier on the day of embarkation/disembarkation included only with the Free Air/Low Air Add-Ons Program.*
- Experienced Gohagan & Company Travel Director to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- A program of optional shore excursions available at additional cost.
(Silversea’s Silver Sky Air Program) are economy class and based on contractual agreements between Silversea and respective airlines; Gohagan & Company and the sponsoring association/organization have no control over availability.
ISTANBUL PRE-CRUISE OPTION
The only city in the world that bridges two continents, Istanbul is a fitting prelude to your Black Sea odyssey. Enjoy guided tours of the city’s UNESCO World Heritage site landmarks—Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Blue Mosque. This special two-night option features accommodations in a deluxe hotel. This Pre-Cruise Option is available at additional cost, and details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
CAPPADOCIA AND ISTANBUL POST-CRUISE OPTION
Inland Turkey holds one of nature’s most captivating treasures, the otherworldly landscape of Cappadocia, a UNESCO World Heritage site. On this perfect complement to your cruise, fly to the heart of Anatolia, the enchanting world of volcanic rock formations and spectacularly colored valleys. Here, local vintners continue to produce wine just as their ancestors have for more than 3,000 years. Visit 2,000-year-old rock-hewn villages and learn about the region’s distinctive culture. Accommodations will be for two nights in the deluxe CAPPADOCIA CAVE RESORT, an intimate property in the heart of the National Park of Goreme, and one night in Istanbul. This Post-Cruise Option is available at additional cost, and details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
For additional information on the Travel with Wesleyan program, please contact Meg Zocco
, director of alumni and parent engagement, at (860) 685-2799.