Regional Representative Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations
Regional Representatives are selected to represent and support the interests of the Wesleyan community in their geographic areas. Regional Representatives serve two-year terms and are expected to:
- as liaisons to the University and assist staff with strategic programming and outreach in respective areas to maximize engagement of alumni and parents with the University.
- participate annually in the Wesleyan Fund and encourage others to do so as well.
- welcome area alumni and parents and current students as a local point of contact; maintain an active social networking presence and promote volunteer-initiated events via various Wesleyan online platforms: Facebook, Online Community, etc.
- all details and logistics for events such as:
Happy hours/social gatherings
Sports related gatherings
Provide staff with details of events in a timely manner (no less than 3, and preferably 5 weeks before the date of the events), and provide final attendance list to staff following events (when event is not attended by a University staff person).
- in regional events by welcoming attendees, tracking attendance, distributing name tags, introducing speakers and making brief remarks, when applicable.
- supply Wes with new contact information (home, business, email or website) for alumni as you become aware.
- reconnect with a Wesleyan friend with whom you have lost touch or make a new Wesleyan friend.
- wear Wes clothing and put a Wes decal on your car window.
- additional volunteers, especially successor(s) and ensure smooth transition of leadership at end of term.
Contact Karen Whalen
, Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Programs, if you are interested in representing Wesleyan in your area!